Wednesday 16 August 2017

Swatch and Review: BPS Chameleon Magnetic UV Gel Polish

Today I have a new BPS product on the blog. 
Its called BORN PRETTY CHAMELEON CAT EYE GEL MAGNETIC SOAK OFF GEL POLISH.
I've loved magnetics since they got revamped post 2012. They are so much stronger in effect with all the works like duo-chrome and holo etc. So I wanted to review this polish from one of the most affordable websites of nail art things.


Base: BPS Chameleon Magnetic UV Gel (link; shade 21; item #40294)
Top coat: BPS no wipe gel top coat

The site specifically says to use a black base underneath it but I wanted to try how it looks without the black base. So as normal I used 2 coats of this polish, applied magnetic and cured it in UV light after each coat. The effect is a nice duo chrome turquoise to dark blue/purple shade. The magnetic particles give it a distinctive olive-gold line that diffuses softly across the nails. The polish comes in a 10ml white coated bottle with slightly thick consistency as UV polishes are. It applies smoothly on nails without any streaks and spreads evenly. I used my own cat's eye magnet (it is not included in package) after each coat and cured it. So after 2-3 coats the magnetic effect became very prominent. On my ring finger I have applied 3 coats to just test the density of the colour but it was almost quite opaque in 2 coats itself and doesnt change much when using 3 coats. It lasts long as it is gel polish but clearly I don't have the patience and need to change my polish every 2-3 days. 
(I will update here with a pic of this polish with a black base soon
Update: Below is a pic of the polish with a black base and UV topcoat. The black base really brings out the shine and shimmer in the polish and clearly shows the duo chrome effect better)




This polish retails for $3.99 for 10ml and is available in 12 shades. (link)

Here's a macro look at the polish: love this pic!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would ♥ to read your comments and thoughts on my posts. Please feel free to ask any questions or if you have any suggestions.