Monday 21 May 2012

Lakmé Flaming Orange + Indian Nail Art


Lakmé Fashion Week Summer Resort 2012 saw the launch of the latest from the house of Lakmé, the
Lakmé Absolute Fast & Fabulous collection
30 fashion forward nail colours that speed dry in 40 seconds and with a unique flat brush that glides effortlessly over the nails and gives an immaculate finish in one stroke!



I was sent a bunch of polishes by the company for review.

 I picked Flaming Orange first as I havent done an Orange mani in a long time..hmmmm
maybe never. Here's a swatch. (2 coats)

This shade: Flaming Orange is a really bright orange with creme finish, but stops short of going neon.
As per Lakmé: One coat of these polishes set dry in 40 secs..Me: True that!
Unique flat brush covers full nail in one stroke... Me: Not necessarily
One coat dries fairly fast and I was impressed by that. However it takes 2 coats for an even opaque base and I found that it takes a bit longer for the 2nd coat to dry..say avg 5 mins. But thats still much better compared to most other Indian NPs. And in a humid climate like Mumbai, it did well.
The brushes are much wider and thicker than the average Indian polishes and better compared to Lakmè other range and older polishes (more like OPI), but I still find the bristles rough and streaky. If you are not careful and generous with the 2nd coat, it can drag down your first coat.
It lasted 4 days on me with a bit of tip wear at the end of 4th day.

Lakmé launched 30 shades in total: but I've never seen any shop stock all 30 together. However I have seen most and they are mostly cremes and a few are micro shimmer polishes.

Price: Rs.199/- for 10 ml (was Rs.175/- up until recently) :-/

Lakmé has changed the design for this new range..the bottles look chunky with a boxy silver cap.
Now thats a fresh change compared the previous small square-round bottles they have.

For my mani I used:
 Base: Lakmé Flaming Orange
Stamping Colour: Konad white
Stamping Plate: M64, Accent: M71 + black rhinestone
The paisley stamp gives this mani such an indiany look. I need more of these stamps.

Have you tried this Fast and Fabulous range from Lakmè??
Do tell me how you like them? Anybody used the yellow yet?

56 comments:

  1. what's that black thing? :/ and 199?
    and I like the green one:) they sent u the display too :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black is rhinestone 2mm.. lil big than what i'd like.
      Yeah prices have increased to 199/- btw: Green one coming up next..even I liked that

      Delete
  2. perfect stamping dear.. awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color is amazing and the design is just perfect, it is an eye catcher for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kej.. Love the color it is so summer.. Check out the new stamping plates.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks gorgeous, and I love your stamping

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome stamping !!! I love these bottles...have around 5 !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D thanks u! which other shades u got?

      Delete
    2. I have d 3 blues, pearly white, green n purple !! Glittery Blues are super awesome <3

      Delete
    3. Ohh! I got one blue and it is really nice..I use it as layering polish coz it sheer..but really nice effect

      Delete
  7. I Kejal....this is so pretty...I like this range from Lakme...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this range is surpringly good application-wise

      Delete
  8. I want the Flaming Orange Kej!!
    Achha, tell me something, do the Konad nail polishes work better than the regular ones? I've got a stamping kit, but no special polishes. Sometimes, the result is good, but sometimes really messy or patchy :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes most konads work better than most regular onesNivi..U'll need to practice..jus try diff combinations..try stamping faster and with a light hand when u pick up the polish on the stamp

      Delete
  9. Looks very pretty Kejal :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oohh!!! pretty one..and bright too! all set t beat d heat eh Kej! ;) ;) btw hows d green one? looks so minty n pretty,...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Green wala is Colorbar Apple Martini dupe !!

      Delete
  11. ooohhh..this is so chic n ethnic..me likey !!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cute little bow and rhinestone :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thanks! I thot the rhinestone looked too big in macro pics

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous , love that paisley pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Yeah I want more indian patterned stamps

      Delete
  14. Lovely ..someday I will also try my hands :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely lovely..... just lovely K :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thanks divya! U still very busy these days?

      Delete
  16. wow...love most of the shades. Flaming Orange is gorgeous. Would love to see the swatch of the green one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am not buying them for 199/- anytime soon. Though I would say these are good polishes.
    I was going to ask about that black pepper like thing but Emm already did.:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhinestone! yes..Big Rhinestone..only 2mm..looks awful in macros

      Delete
  18. I love this color so bright and summery...Kej I want to buy the konad nail art stuff..should I get the stamp and nail plates separately or should I get that kit??..me a nail art gawar so pls help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parul..if u r starting new..I suggest u get a basic kit..comes around rs.650 with one plate, stamper, scraper and one sp. polish (white). As you picking up how to stamp..u can get more plates and sp. stamping colours.

      Delete
  19. This so much reminds me of Rajasthan :) Super cool summery combination Kejal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks..it does have a rajasthani touch :)

      Delete
  20. this is sooooo pretty..
    kejal am having trouble with my blog..can't get labels and tabs like yours..what should i do?please help :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eleanor: go to design: -> got to pages..create. These will create tabs. For labels: In Posts when U create a post..left hand side there is labels..whetever u write there will become labels

      Delete
  21. Unbelievably amazing!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the shape of your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the shape of your nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Got posted twice!

      Delete
    2. haha! no issues..thank u! it easy to maintain sqaure nails

      Delete
  24. this shade is perfct for summer...beautiful kejal...
    http://megaliving.net/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome! I love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  26. If you want to Buy Lakme products online, you can purchase from the online shopping portal https://awesomebazar.com/brands/lakme/

    ReplyDelete

I would ♥ to read your comments and thoughts on my posts. Please feel free to ask any questions or if you have any suggestions.